Sunday, April 27, 2008

Ipoh Kai Xi Hor Fun




















OK, I admit it, I am a sucker for good food and companion. A visit to my pal's place in Ipoh is a must to complete the Taiping food escapade. Well, yes Ipoh is about 45 mins away from Taiping, but it was a worthwhile drive. Well, I am blessed with great companions and complemented with great food. My great pal and his wife even took leave to entertain us and brought us round Ipoh to taste the best of the best in Ipoh town.



What is kai xi hor fun? The food is finger licking good. Well, little Lee Ann who is 5 will support my claim. The innocent never lies. Our dear girl was actually eating ... believe it or not, sucking and cleaning up the chicken feet!! Well, I am no fan of any other parts of chicken except for its breasts, thighs and drumsticks. This food in a medium size coffee shop in Ipoh town makes my stomach growls. Kuey tiow, noodle any mee, just order... The chicken is so tender, juicy and tasty, the bean sprout is stir fried with garlic and tasty gravy, and mind you, the kuey tiow is smoother than lotion on skin!!



Total costs: Actually not sure, cause my dear friend who took leave to bring us around Ipoh paid for it. Thanks Ban Teik!

No comments: